Visual Basic 2005 Guide
Having finished all of the projects above, you need a new challenge to work on by yourself. Try out some of the project ideas listed on this page. You will obviously get stuck from time to time - that's what the MSDN and the WWW are for.
- Hangman Program - with graphics and a lovely user-interace.
- Drag & Drop Quiz - with lovely graphics
- Who Wants To Be A Millionaire? - with all of the irritating features of the TV show
- Deal or No Deal - all you need to work out is how the banker makes offers (you could just use the median).
- Solitaire - some types of solitaire are easier than others
- Scientific/Graphical Calculator - some of you mathmo types might want to show off a bit here, needs features that aren't in other examples of the type
- Media Player/Music Database - a database or XML project
- Binary/Hexadecimal Converter - some number base action
- Sudoku Helper - Do a search online for Simple Sudoku to get some ideas
- Graphics Editing Tool - a program that allows you to view an image file on screen and change all pixels of a particular colour to another specified by the user
- One-Armed Bandit - make a slot machine simulator with lovely animation and virtual prizes
- Desktop Wallpaper Changer - make a tool that changes the wallpaper on startup. Create tools to allow the user to add and remove images from the selection list
- Yahtzee - make a computer version of the classic dice game
- Countdown Numbers Game - the key to solving this one is the user interface for entering the solution